|For Immediate Release
SEATTLE’S FIRST ADVENTURES IN TRAVEL EXPO FEATURES EXPERT SEMINARS HIGHLIGHTING TODAY’S $151 BILLION TRAVEL INDUSTRY
Dynamic group of presenters to include Philippe Cousteau, Arthur Frommer and Rick Steves
SEATTLE, August 7, 2008 – Unicomm LLC., organizers of the nation’s largest series of Travel & Adventure shows, announced the seminar line-up of travel experts presenting at Seattle’s first Adventures in Travel Expo (ATE) which will include Philippe Cousteau, Arthur Frommer and Rick Steves among others. The event will take place at the Washington State Convention & Trade Center on September 13 and 14, 2008.
This premier “experiential marketplace” will host seminars led by world renowned travel personalities that will share exciting first-hand experiences, excerpts from best selling travel books and trend highlights of the best in active and experiential travel from across the country and around the world. Featured presenters include:
Saturday, September 13, 2008
- Peter Potterfield, adventure journalist and photographer, National Geographic ADVENTURE - 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Shannon Stowell, President, Adventure Travel Trade Association – 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- John Bowermaster, National Geographic ADVENTURE contributor, writer and filmmaker – 12:15-1:15 p.m.
- Ashish Sanghrajka, Vice President, Big Five Tours and Expeditions – 12:15-1:15 p.m.
- Philippe Cousteau, Founder, President and CEO, EarthEcho International – 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Arthur Frommer, Founder, Frommer’s Travel Guides – 2:45-3:45 p.m.
- Robert Young Pelton, National Geographic ADVENTURE contributor, author and filmmaker– 4-5 p.m.
- Anthony Saba, Manager, Goway Travel – 4-5 p.m.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
- John Bowermaster, National Geographic ADVENTURE contributor, writer and filmmaker – 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Women’s Adventure Session – Beth Whitman, Wanderlust and Lipstick, Pam Mandel, Nerd’s Eye View, Mary Jo Manzanares, The Seattle Traveler and Fly Away Café – 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Costas Christ, National Geographic ADVENTURE columnist and global travel editor – 12:15 p.m.-1:15 p.m.
- James Currie, Brand Ambassador, Conservation Corporation Africa – 12:15 p.m.-1:15 p.m.
- Rick Steves, best-selling author of 30+ European travel books and host of the PBS series “Rick Steves’ Europe” – 1:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Andrew Skurka, National Geographic ADVENTURE magazine’s 2007 Adventurer of the Year – 2:45 p.m.-3:45 p.m.
- Kathy Hill, Manager, Air New Zealand – 2:45 p.m.-3:45 p.m.
“The Adventures in Travel Expo is highly regarded for its rich seminar series and we are delighted to bring to Seattle the caliber of presenters for which the events have become known. These thought leaders will deliver expert knowledge and insight to the beauty and wonder of today’s active and adventure travel marketplace,” said John Golicz, Unicomm’s CEO. “Attendees are in for a one-of-a-kind experience where they will have the opportunity to experience, book, explore and participate in everything interesting and unique in active, adventure and experiential travel.”
Unicomm will utilize its hybrid trade/consumer model as the format for the Seattle show. The morning of September 13 will be dedicated to travel industry professionals and trade, while the core of the event will be open to the general public.
The Adventures in Travel Expo will take place at the Washington State Convention & Trade Center on Saturday, September 13 from 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and on Sunday, September 14 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tickets will go on sale August 1, 2008 and the cost of admission is $12 per day for adults and free for children under the age of 12. To purchase a ticket, please visit www.adventureexpo.com/seattle. For questions, please contact (203) 878-2577 x100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adventures in Travel Expo
The Adventures in Travel Expo is the largest series of travel events in the United States. It is an ‘experiential marketplace’ for showcasing the vast array of travel options available to today’s travelers. The shows are filled with hundreds of interactive exhibits from around the globe and add a top notch educational component that affords consumers, travel agents, wholesalers and travel brokers the opportunity to experience the best of what the travel industry has to offer. From unique cultural performances on the Global Beats Stage, to two live presentation theaters, rock walls and zip lines, attendees of Adventures in Travel Expo truly experience a world of discovery. For more information about the Adventures in Travel Expo please call (203) 878-2577 or visit the web site at www.adventureexpo.com.
Unicomm LLC. is an independent business-to-business communications company specializing in conceiving and managing trade shows and conferences in nascent markets.
Unicomm’s management team has been responsible for some of the industry’s most successful trade shows and conferences. Unicomm currently produces the largest series of travel events in the United Sates – the Adventures in Travel Expo. In addition Unicomm has developed leading events in Bio-Technology, Research & Development and Mechanical Engineering, Human Resources, Transportation and other markets.
The company’s "value-added" resources are the intellectual capital of its people and proprietary business practices. These attributes coupled with an intense customer centric philosophy combine to deliver world class events.
Media contact: Kristin Riefflin / Danielle Zarrella
Richmond Public Relations
Ph: (206) 682-6979
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org