Katey Riordan Lori Armon
Ketchum Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Guests Experience Unique Activities
With Adventure Hyatt
NEW YORK (January 12, 2007) – Whether it’s horseback riding through the Texas wilderness or snorkeling the coral gardens off the Hawaii coast, guests can experience one-of-a kind adventures at all Hyatt Resorts. To kick off the New Year in the Big Apple, Hyatt Resorts is a sponsor of the Adventures in Travel Expo – the nation’s largest active and adventure travel show – on January 13 and 14, 2007.
In addition to sponsoring the expo’s Adventure Ropes Course, Hyatt Resorts will demonstrate that tasting new foods can be an adventure too. Chef Anthony Arbeeny of Grand Hyatt New York (formerly the executive chef at several Hyatt Hawaiian resort properties) and Chef Jeff Foresman of Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa will participate in demonstrations at the expo’s Culinary Pavilion. As they prepare signature dishes inspired by South Western spice and Hawaiian sweetness, the chefs will showcase examples of the many delectable cuisines available at Hyatt Resorts.
Available at the 18 resort properties in the United States and Caribbean, Adventure Hyatt offers programs for everyone from the veteran thrill seeker to the adventure novice. With a unique menu of activities at each property, guests can embark on adventures immersing them in the local culture and geography of a destination. Additionally, guests can create a personalized adventure program during their resort stay or in advance with Hyatt’s e-Concierge service.
Float through the skies over the West Coast, navigate the country’s best ski slopes, and sail through the clear-blue waters of the Caribbean – realize your adventurous side with Adventure Hyatt. Exciting activities offered at the 18 Hyatt Resorts properties, include:
· Sailplane rides (Hyatt Grand Champions Resort & Spa, Indian Wells/Palm Springs, CA)
· Hot air balloon rides (Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa, Sante Fe/Albuquerque, NM)
· Island Helicopter Tours (Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa, Kauai, HI)
· Skydiving (Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, San Antonio, TX)
· Grand Canyon helicopter tours (Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, Scottsdale, AZ)
· Rock Climbing Wall (Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa, Bonita Springs, FL)
· Cross country skiing (Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino, Incline Village, NV)
· Clay pigeon shooting (Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort, Spa and Marina, Cambridge, MD)
· Grand Prix Race-o-rama (Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six Resort and Spa, Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
· Rock Climbing and Mountaineering (Park Hyatt Beaver Creek® Resort and Spa, Vail Valley, CO)
· Biking and Trails (Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, Orlando, FL)
· Sunset and snorkeling cruises (Hyatt Regency Key West Resort, Spa and Marina, Key West, FL)
· Colorado River rafting (Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, Austin/Bastrop, TX)
· Sting Ray City cruise (Hyatt Regency Grand Cayman Beach Suites, Grand Cayman)
· Surfing lessons (Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and Spa, Huntington Beach, CA)
· Atlantis Submarine Adventure (Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort and Spa, Oahu, HI)
· Kiele V catamaran excursion (Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, Maui, HI)
· Scuba diving (Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa and Casino, Aruba)
For more information on Hyatt Resorts and Adventure Hyatt, call 800 55 HYATT or visit hyattresorts.com.
About Global Hyatt:
There are 217 Hyatt branded hotels and resorts (over 90,000 rooms) in 44 countries around the world, operating under the Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Grand Hyatt and Park Hyatt brands. Currently, there are an additional 32 Hyatt hotels and resorts under development, including 11 new hotels in China. Hyatt Corporation (domestic U.S., Canada and Caribbean hotels) and Hyatt International Corporation (international properties) are subsidiaries of Chicago-based Global Hyatt Corporation. Global Hyatt Corporation is also the owner of Hyatt Vacation Ownership, Inc. operators of the Hyatt Vacation Club (timeshare and fractional residential product), Hyatt Equities, L.L.C. (hotel ownership), Select Hotel Group L.L.C. (which owns, operates and franchises AmeriSuites hotels, Hyatt Place and Summerfield Suites hotels) and U.S. Franchise Systems, Inc. (which franchises Hawthorn Suites, and Microtel Inns and Suites).
From the U.S. and Canada, reservations for any Hyatt hotel worldwide may be obtained by calling 1-800-233-1234 or logging onto www.hyatt.com. For Hyatt Place reservations and information, call 1-888-HYATT-HP or visit hyattplace.com.